Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Trust and Obey

We got word yesterday that it is a real possibility that Bryan may lose his job in the next month or so.  I don't want to be too dramatic about this.  There is a possibility that it may all work itself out and that he will be able to find the funding to continue where he his now.  But, for the first time in our marriage, we had to have that hard talk about the future.  It is uncertain and it is scary.  So much more scary with a baby on the way. 
I have had waves of calmness and waves of tears throughout the day.  I know that God is in control.  I know that at the right moment, God is going to step in and direct our paths.  So, as of right now, all we can do as pray.
As I was praying today in my most sacred place, the shower, God didn't impress upon me a scripture but a song.  A song that soothed all the worry.  A song that gave me a course of action in this time of waiting. 
Trust and Obey
For there is no other way
To be happy in Jesus
But to trust and obey
So simple.  Right now I just need to trust.  Trust that God has a perfect plan in store for us.  Trust that the answer is going to come at the right time.  Trust that this circumstance did not come as a surprise to my God. 
Then, when the answer comes,  we will need to obey.  The answer might be a new job in town or across country.  It might just be that this was simply a trial of our faith and no action will be required.  I just know that what ever it will be, that we need to be able to obey.
Just join with me that this will not result in me having to move to Albuquerque, NM.  For some reason, that seems like a death sentence to me!  Seeing that Bryan's job is so specialized that there are only 5 or 6 cities in the country that we could move, it is a real fear!  I much prefer my nice little home in Madison!  So when you think about it, whisper a prayer for our future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment