Wednesday, December 14, 2011

The Finale

Last night was the Biggest Loser finale for the season that I applied for.  As I went to bed, I was reflecting on how much different this year has turned out.  I started out in January with all my hopes and dreams set on getting on a television show to help me lose weight.  I went through the highs of being contacted by a producer and the lows of not getting a call back after the audition.  It was one of the lowest points in my life.  I was at rock bottom but didn't know what to do.
Then step by step, God led me in the direction that he wanted me to go.  He had a plan for me.  A plan that I would have never dreamed up myself.  By May, that plan was laid out before me.  I had faced the fact that I was addicted to food.  Bryan and I finally agreed that it was time to do something drastic to get that addiction under control.  I was lead to the book Made to Crave and I also found a local surgeon that would perform my weight loss surgery.
There was proof that God had his hand in this all along.  Everything fell into place.  Just about the time that I would have left for the ranch(had I been chosen), I was undergoing surgery. 
It has been fun for me to watch this season of Biggest Loser, knowing that at one time that is where I wanted to be.  I am so glad that God had a different plan for me.  I am glad that I have been able to take this journey with my family and friends.  God is so good.  I am proof that even though we may not understand things at the time, that in hindsight, God is always in control and he wants what is best for each of us!
So, in the same amount of time as I would have been on the ranch, God has given me the power and the strength to lose 85 pounds!  Not too shabby, I must say!  Of course, you know that all the glory has to go back to God.  He is the one that is doing the work in me.  I just have to obey him, trust him, and stay close to him!
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord.  Plans to prosper you and not to harm you,  plans to give you a hope and a future.  Then you will call on me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you.  You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.  Jeremiah 29:11-13
This has always been a very important verse to me.  It has come to mean so much more because it is a direct reflection of what has happened to me in the last 7 months.  I am living proof that this promise is true!  

1 comment:

  1. Mary, what an awesome testimony you have! I am so proud of you and the work you have allowed the Lord to do in you. When I saw you yesterday, I couldn't help but notice how fantastic you look--isn't it amazing how God works?! Jeremiah 29:11 is my favorite verse. What comfort and peace it can bring. Congratulations on the weight lose and, more importantly, on the new and improved relationship you have with our God :)

    ReplyDelete