Monday, November 7, 2011

Ruler of My Heart

Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace.  And be thankful.  Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns, and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God.  And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.  Colossians 3:15-17

I awoke before the alarm this morning.  As I was lying in bed looking at the early morning light hit the yellow leaves through my window, I felt peace.  Such a peace that it made me stop and dwell on it.  I had the realization that this peace is something that I did without for a long time.  I don't know when this peace settled into my soul, but I am glad today that I became aware of it. 
For such a long time my soul always seemed in turmoil.  I just couldn't get it to settle down.  I seemed to always be at war in my relationship with God.  Always in this tug of war with what I thought I needed and what God was telling me.
Then almost 6 months ago, I laid down my idol.  Nothing has been the same since that day.  Slowly but surely, God has been working.  The verses above rang so true this morning.  There is a peace that rules my heart.  A peace in knowing that I am dwelling in my Lord.  It is an amazing feeling.  One that I am in awe of and I am so grateful that I have found.  It is truly a peace that passes all understanding.
I also loved that we are told to do EVERYTHING in the name of Jesus.  I am so glad that I chose to take this route in my journey.  Dedicating every decision and every victory to Jesus.  What an experience to be able to look to my Lord and know that without him, I would never have been this successful.  So, like the simple 3 word sentence in the verses above, I will be thankful.  Thankful for God's goodness.  For his peace that he gives freely.   For his word that dwells in my heart.  Most of all, for the gift of grace that he poured out to me on the cross.  Thank you, Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment