Friday, April 26, 2013

Celebrate

Do you remember how fearful I was of gaining weight during my pregnancy?  How I would freak out every single time the number on the scale would go up.  I was so scared and worried that I would fall back into bad habits and that the weight would never come back off.  In the end, I gained 22 pounds with Henry.  Looking back, I am very proud of that number.  Glad that God gave me the power to daily turn my eating over to him and not to "eat for two" and give into every craving and desire.
Well, since Henry's birth, I have been trying to lose those last 7 pounds that didn't immediately come off.  I dropped 6 pounds in two weeks of dieting and I got really excited.  I was not only going to get all the extra weight off, I was going to hit my final goal in no time.  I got prideful.  I started patting myself on the back.  That is when the weight stalled.  It stalled for 6 weeks.  Stalled with one little pound to go.  God took that 6 weeks to humble me and to turn me back to him.  To make me remember that I have never been successful in weight loss without him.  It is nothing that I can ever do.  In fact, when I turn to myself and start trying to do it out of my own power, I always fail.  The weight loss stops and I get disappointed and discouraged. 
Today I want to give a big shout out to my God!  I lost that last pound.  In 3 short months, God has gotten me back to my pre-pregnancy weight.  My fears were for nothing.  He was faithful yet again.  It is all about trusting him.  I have to be reminded again and again that I will only be successful when I put him first.  I will finish this.  I will meet my goal.  Why?  Because my God does not fail.  He will be glorified in this.  Now on to that final 22 pounds. 
Bless the Lord, oh my soul: and all that is within me, bless his Holy name.  Psalm 103:1

No comments:

Post a Comment