Wednesday, May 23, 2012

View from the Top

This past year, you all have joined me as I entered my valley of defeat and then began a very long hike up the mountain.  It was so hard in the beginning.  There were snares and the forest floor was thick with obstacles to overcome and sometimes it was hard to even find my way in the darkness.  Over time, the trees became more sparse, the hiking became easier and at times I would even catch a glimpse of God's greatness and the sun would peak out and shine down on me.  It was these moments, that kept me going. 
Well, I am finally at the top of that mountain.  The view is spectacular.  I finally feel as if I can take a deep breath and fill my lungs with the glorious, refreshing air.  I feel the warmth of my Father's love like the sun on a cloudless day.  As I stop and look back down the mountain, I can hardly believe that I made it up at all.  I am reminded that it was step by step that got me here.
With this mountaintop experience, blessings beyond measure have been given to my family in the past couple of weeks.  I will be honest, that life has been so good, that Bryan and I have actually been holding our breathe and waiting to trip and stumble back down this mountain.  Almost as if we expect it all to be good to be true. 
But, I am reminded today that there is a time and a season for everything.  I have just been through a period of intense pruning and discipline.  I know now that the Lord is giving me a time of rest.  A time to allow my new growth to sprout and to blossom.  A time to let that growth stretch towards the sunlight.  So, I will sit for awhile on this mountain top.  I will rest in peace that sometimes God does shower us with blessings that we don't deserve.  That God does allow us a time to just enjoy life abundantly.  On this mountain top, I will take the time to just be with my Lord.  To rest and to praise Him. 
Then, when the time comes, I will get up and begin the descent back into the valley.  Yes, there will also be a time for me to leave this mountain top.  There will always be valleys and mountaintops.  I just have to learn to enjoy the view when I can.  Not to second guess it.  Not to be anxious about when the next valley might come about.  Just live with my Lord, day by day, no matter where I am on that mountain.

There is a time for everything and a season for every activity under heaven:
A time to be born and a time to die,
A time to plant and a time to uproot,
A time to kill and a time to heal,
A time to tear down and a time to build,
A time to weep and a time to laught,
A time to mourn and a time to dance,
A time to scatter stones and a time to gather them,
A time to embrace and a time to refrain,
A time to search and a time to give up,
A time to keep and a time to throw away,
A time to tear and a time to mend,
A time to be silent and a time to speak,
A time for love and a time for hate,
A time for war and a time for peace.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-8

No comments:

Post a Comment