Wednesday, May 16, 2012

A Year to be Remembered

Today marks a year gone by since my surgery.  I can't believe how far I have come in what feels like such a short time.  I was reading this morning and this is the scripture that stuck with me.  Jesus was sending his disciples out to preach the kingdom of God and to heal the sick.  This is what he told them to do.
Take nothing with you for the journey-no staff, no bag, no bread, no money, no extra tunic.  Luke 9:3
It struck me how this caused the disciples to have great faith and trust that the Lord was going to take care of them.  That he would provide what was needed when it was needed.  They were to simply follow and do what God instructed them to do.  They were to give themselves whole-heartedly to what ever that might be.
I realized that this is what was required of me as well.  In the beginning of this journey, all control  was taken from me.  I had to learn to live a new life with none of the resources that I had always had.  I had to start over from what I call rock bottom.  This is what was required of me to become 100% dependent on my Lord.  Over and over, I would come to a place that I needed something, and the Lord always provided.  Whether that need was physical or spiritual, it was always there waiting for me.  Through a kind word from a friend, a sweet prayer whispered for me, or simply the strength to make it through some of the hardest situations in my life.  God was there and God was providing. 
The journey isn't done.  If fact, it is shifting into other directions.  But, today, I just wanted to share in my victory over my addiction.  Share with my faithful friends just how far God has brought with me.  Join with me in giving him ALL the praise.  He is the one that has been my Great Provider all of these months.  Glory to him for the work he has done in me!
Commit to the Lord whatever you do and your plans will succeed.  Proverbs 16:3



                                        Started at 306 pounds and now 198(108 pounds lost)


Started in a size 24 pant and now in a size 14!


1 comment:

  1. Wow, you look unbelievable!! Seriously, amazing. Go you!

    ReplyDelete