Thursday, January 26, 2012

Non Scale Victories (NSV)

There is a forum that I like to read that is just for people that have Vertical Sleeves.  On that forum, there are posts that are made about Non-Scale Victories.  It is something that has been bumping around in my head.  I feel that so many times all the focus is on the number on the scale and not on all the different things that come along with weight loss or living a healthier lifestyle.  So today, I have decided to list some of my NSVs.

*I can fit into the seats at church without metal digging into my thighs
*I can climb a set of stairs without being winded
*I bought a belt for the first time in 15 years
* I no longer have to buy Plus Size clothing
* I will not have to ask for a seat belt extender on airplanes the next time I fly
* I fit into a pair of Levi jeans
* My belly doesn't touch the table of a restaurant booth anymore
* My blood pressure is normal and my triglycerides are now just borderline high
* I don't feel uncomfortable in a movie theater seat.  I don't feel like I am intruding in my neighbor's space.
* My PCOS symptoms are decreasing
* I can no longer tolerate foods with lots of preservatives(lunch meat, tv dinners, etc)
* I have made it through almost a year of parties without giving into temptation
* I can snuggle with Eleanor without my belly getting in the way
* I have become a positive role model for my daughter.  I am practicing what I am preaching.
* I can finally see my feet!

There are so many more things that I could list, but I think you get the point.  Sometimes we have to change our perspective.  I know that none of the above could have been possible if I hadn't kept my eyes on the Lord and trusted in him to get me through this.  Now that the end of the weight loss is in sight, I get to begin to switch my perspective to how I will live the rest of my life.  Lord willing, it is going to be many years of fun, active, and healthy experiences with my friends and family!

2 comments:

  1. LOVE this list, and love the idea of non-scale victories.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love this! all such great outcomes. so proud of you, mary!!

    ReplyDelete