Monday, January 30, 2012

Plateau

I have hit my first plateau.  Now, I know this is not so bad.  It is the first one in nine months.  In fact, it is incredible that it hasn't happened before now.  That doesn't mean that it doesn't knock a little air out of you when it happens.  Now, nine months ago it would have devestated me.  Today, it just refocuses me.  Makes me turn inward and upward to try and figure out what is going on.
I have evaluated my eating habits in the last month and discovered that I am eating more now that I am feeling better from my gallbladder being removed.  I no longer feel sick every time I eat, so I am consuming more food than I was previously eating.  So, I can adjust that in hopes that it will kick start my weight loss again.
I also look upward to see what God is wanting to teach me.  It all comes down to faith.  One little word that carries such weight.  I have been struggling with faith lately.  Not having faith that God is going to see me all the way through this.  Not having faith, that God will grant the desires of my heart.  Not having faith that God will even answer prayers in general.  So, really, I have a faith issue, not a weight issue. 
It is not a coincidence that my scripture reading today was the "faith chapter" in Hebrews.  Hebrews 11 lists example after example of people that had faith in God.  Faith even when they weren't sure of their circumstances.  Faith even when it didn't make sense to do what God was asking of them.  Faith even when they didn't see the promises of God fulfilled within their lifetime.  Simple faith. 
Only, it doesn't seem so simple to me. I find myself doubting God's commitment to me.  Doubting that it could be true that the Lord would take me all the way.  But where, my friend, does doubt come from?  Satan.  Believe me when I say, he has pledged a war against me and right now, he is winning.  He has found a way to make me focus on the negatives.  So much so, that no matter how many times I am told what a great job I am doing or how many times I stop to see how far God has brought me, I am always brought back to the negative.  There is Satan's voice in my ear telling me "You will not be victorious over this.  You will fail just like you always do."  I am sad to say, that most of the time I believe it. 
Now, here is what I am going to do.  I am going to defeat Satan with the truth.  Truth of who God is and what God says.  Satan can not stand when faced with the truth.  These are my truths.
1.  God is faithful to complete what he has started.  Being confident of this, that he who began a good work in you will carry it on to completion until the day of Christ Jesus.  Philippians 1:6
2.  God does not lie.  ...it is impossible for God to lie...Hebrews 6:18
3.  God will reward the faithful.  So I have to stand firm, keep the faith and persevere.  Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us.  Let us fix our eyes on Jesus, the author and perfecter of our faith... Hebrews 12:1-2a 
Maybe, just maybe, one day I will be an example of how everything is possible for him who believes.  Mark 9:23

No comments:

Post a Comment