Friday, February 10, 2012

100 pounds

Today is the day, my friends.  I am 100 pounds lighter than I was 9 months ago.  All I can say, is praise the Lord.  In my mind, I have been striving for this moment since the second that I woke up from my surgery.  It isn't the end of the journey, but it is the moment that I can finally claim success.  The moment that I can finally take a breath and know that the surgery worked. 
It is a victorious moment.  The very first thought I had when I saw that number on the scale this morning at the doctor's office was this.
HE IS STRONGER,
HE IS STRONGER,
SIN IS BROKEN,
HE HAS SAVED ME!
Oh, my friends, this song has been my anthem.  Jesus is stronger than my addiction.  Jesus has saved me from myself.  Jesus broke my addiction when I never thought is was possible.  Jesus has carried me through EVERY step of the way.  There is no Mary in this victory.  It has been proven time and time again that I  couldn't even make a dent in the destruction of my life.  I am living proof that God has won this victory. God has done a marvelous work in me.  Day after day.  Step after step.  Pound after pound.  He has transformed me.
But the most wonderful news is that he isn't finished with me yet!  There is still weight to lose.  I wonder what the next few months will bring.  What lessons I will be taught.  I am excited.  I know that God is going to follow this through to completion.  Next goal is 7 pounds.  In seven pounds, I will be in ONEderland.  Oh, how victorious it will be!  Then from there, another 20 or so pounds until I am at my personal weight goal.  Then it will be time to start trying for that second miracle.  That baby that we so desire.  So, my friends, it is going to be an exciting few months.  Hang on to your hats! 

2 comments:

  1. Congratulations, Mary! I'm so happy for you!
    -Kerrie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, your testimony is such a blessing to others! Congratulations! (((Hugs!)))

    ReplyDelete