Sunday, April 8, 2012

The Scale, The Verdict

This is how the situation when down.  Last night Bryan and I were talking about me weighing in on Sunday morning.  I told him that I thought I would be a nervous wreck all night.  So, for some crazy reason, we decided to get it over with!  At 9 pm on Saturday evening, Bryan got the scale out.  I know, insane!!!  I decided it would be better to just get it over with and to know that on Sunday morning the numbers would be better.  I just needed to know what the verdict after 40 days was going to be.
Was I able to successfully do what I needed to do without the scale?  Was all the struggle and lessons learned going to pay off? 
So, I stepped on the scale and it seemed like an eternity until the number came up.  When it did, it was 203.  *huge sigh*  I had lost weight.  Glory!  This morning it was 202.  So during the last 40 days I had lost 4 pounds.  Oh, and I have dropped another pant size.  I am now in a 14!!!!  May sound crazy to some but that is "skinny jeans" for me!!!
I am going to admit, I was REALLY hoping that I was going to be in ONEderland.  But, honestly, I am just glad for a weight loss.
Here is what I learned during this crazy Lenten season:
1.  I no longer think like a fat person.  I know I can make smart decisions on a daily basis and achieve weight loss.
2.  Satan is a maniac.  The attacks that he made on my mind and my emotions were incredibly intense.  There is a reason we are warned time and again to stand firm and be alert.  Satan doesn't play around.  He is in it to win it!
3.  Through my weaknesses I become strong.  God took my weakness against the scale and made me rely on him and on his truth. 
4.  I learned to claim the truths of the word.  I can't tell you how many times I had to chant to myself, "You are more than victorious."  "God is faithful to see this out to completion".
5.  I learned to trust in the attributes of God.  He is faithful.  He is good.  He is trustworthy.  He is my help.  He is loving.
6.  My goals may not be God's goals.  I had convinced myself that I needed to be at 180 pounds by May.  It was consuming me.  Then through the wise words of my husband and my best friend, I realized that it was MY goal, not necessarily God's goal.  That I needed to let him decide how much I was going to lose and how fast I was going to lose it.  So, I have adjusted my thinking.  I now just hope to be under 200 by my one year anniversary. 
7.  I was reminded that EVERY VICTORY IS THE LORD'S.  Don't miss this one. I was victorious only because of the Lord.  Only because this is his will being worked out in my life.  Yet again, none of these 104 pounds would have been lost with my strength and my power.  I am weak.  I can't do it on my own.  But, through Christ, I am more than victorious.  He gets all the glory!

No comments:

Post a Comment