Monday, September 12, 2011

He is That Good

I want to share a little converstation that Bryan and I had on the way to church yesterday.  It went like this.
Me:  I really want to be out of the 250's.
Bryan:  Maybe you will lose 4 pounds this week.
Me:  Yeah right!  God is good, but he isn't THAT good!
And we both giggled.
Now, fast forward to this morning.  The dreaded scale day.  I was really worried that I wasn't going to lose any weight.  In fact, it is still something that I struggle with weekly.  My relationship with the scale has not changed during the last four months.  I still loath those few seconds that it takes for my weight to come up.  I still have anxiety every time I have to weigh.  Scared to death of what the numbers will say.  I haven't really grasped the reality of my surgery.  I still don't trust that it is going to do the job and I am going to lose weight!  Isn't that crazy!
So, anyway, I get on the scale and flashing before me is 249!  All I could do is say, "Oh My" over and over.  Bryan said, "Oh no, is it that bad."  Then he came to look and we both had to giggle in amazement.  HMMM....GOD IS THAT GOOD!
I like to think that God used this situation to prove to me yet again that he wants to bless us.  The blessings may not be big, but they are there. 
Taste and see that the Lord is good; blessed is the man who takes refuge in him.  Fear the Lord, you his saints, for those who fear him lack nothing.  Psalm 34:8 &9
Are you like me?  Do you think that you aren't "good enough" for the Lord to bestow his blessings upon you?  When will we learn.  It isn't about being good enough.  It is about the Lord's unending love.  Even if we don't feel like it, we are loveable. 
So today, this verse explains how I feel.  Praise him at all times!
I wll extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.  My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.  Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together!  Psalm 34: 1-3
Will you join me today in praising our Lord?  Can you look to your life and find a blessing that the Lord has bestowed upon you?  No matter how big or small, he still deserves our praise! 

1 comment:

  1. "The blessings may not be big, but they are there."

    BEST part...at least for me! I've been recording all the little blessings He has sent my way over the past 2 years...and wow. They aren't big, but they are definitely there!

    ReplyDelete