Thursday, September 8, 2011

Quality Over Quantity

The other day, I was having a hard time with not being able to eat a meal anymore.  How I basically just get to eat the meat and nothing else.  I had posted a question on a forum for people that have had a VSG to see if anyone else had ever felt that way.  One of the post back to me told me I needed to stop focus on the quantity of food and focus on the quality of food.  It really made me stop and think.  I realized that I needed to stop dwelling on the fact that I could only have 5-6 bites of something and start dwelling on how GOOD those 5-6 bites were!
Since then QUALITY OVER QUANTITY has been running through my brain.  I realized that it is the same lesson that Bryan was trying to get me to understand when it comes to serving the Lord.  You see, we had been stretching ourselves very thin at church.  Trying to serve in too many areas and weren't being successful in most of them.  He made me give up a lot of responsibility at church.  Told me we need to focus on the one thing that we knew God had called us to do.  That is love our children in our Sunday School class with all our hearts!  Oh, how hard it was for me to walk away from all that I was doing.  But, now I am starting to get it.  Sometimes, we can get so busy doing things for the Lord, that we are not focused on giving any one thing our all. 
Then, this morning I was reading the accounts of Jesus written by Mark.  He was describing how busy they had been.  Preaching the gospel and healing the sick.  It was so crazy that they didn't even have time to eat.  The apostles gathered around Jesus and reported to him all they had done and taught.  Then, because so many people were coming and going that they did not even have time to eat, he said to them, "Come with me by yourselves to a quiet place and get some rest."  Mark 6:30-31
It made me stop and think about how we try to cram our time in with the Lord(if we even accomplish it at all) into our busy day.  But Jesus said to come with him to a quiet place.  QUALITY OVER QUANTITY.  In order to find peace and rest in the Lord, we have to spend some quality time with him.  He doesn't care how long you pour over the bible if you are only doing it to check it off your to- do list.  He wants you to take some time to be ALONE with him.  To find some time with him when it is just you and your savior.  A time when you can concentrate on adoring your God and praising him.
I just can't help but wonder how our relationship with the Lord would change if we started focusing on quality instead of quantity. 

No comments:

Post a Comment