Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Identity Crisis

I am having somewhat of an identity crisis.  Not really sure of  "who I am" anymore.  Life has changed so much in the last few months.  I am no longer connected to food the way I used to be.  That has been coming back to haunt me in the last few days.  Again, feeling the loss of food as a companion.  It is not something that I expected.  I thought I had that settled. 
Also, I am having a hard time with Eleanor being in school.  I no longer have a preschooler to take care of every day.  I never really understood how quickly I clung to the job of "Mother".  Now, I know I am still a mother, but my role has completely changed.  No longer is Eleanor in my charge every moment of every day.  So, what am I now.  I am a housewife, I guess.  My days are filled with cleaning, running errands, and waiting for my girl to get off the bus.  I feel like my life is in limbo between the hours of 7 and 3. 
Now, before you even ask or suggest, I will not be getting a job.  Bryan and I have prayed and discussed this and we do not feel like it is where God wants me.  But even so, I am having a hard time now that my primary role is shifting. 
I think with this shift and with the journey losing this weight, I don't seem to know who I am.  I do know who I am in the eyes of our Lord, and that is what I am clinging to.  I guess in the long run, that is the only thing that matters. 
But, I can't help but wonder what the new Mary will be like when I emerge from this identity crisis. 

Some of you have been wanting to see updated pictures of me(the ones that don't get to see me on a regular basis.).  I put these jeans on this morning and Bryan said "woozers".   I have lost 13 inches in my thighs and only 3 in my waist, so I am in limbo of not being able to by a smaller pair of pants even though the legs look like tents! 

New "biggest loser" style picture will be coming in a couple of weeks.  :) 

2 comments: