Thursday, September 15, 2011

Shrinking

Tomorrow I will be 4 months post surgery.  I wanted to share with you my new progress pictures.  I try to keep myself from being too critical.  I know I have a whole lot more to go, but I want to share with you the progress.
As of this week, I have lost 47% of my excess body weight.  I am almost half way to my goal.  I have lost 57 pounds and a ton of inches.  I am down 2 pants sizes and 3 dress sizes. 
I am having a hard time mentally catching up to where I am physically.  I look in the mirror and I see some small changes, but still can't see anything drastic.  I know it must be a distorted view because of all the amazing feedback that I am getting. 
I want to thank every single one of you that has given me encouragement.  The comments to my blog, the text messages, and the prayers mean more than I can even say.  I love you all so much!
Most of all, I want to again give God the glory in this.  He has taught me so much and every day I am learning more.  He deserves all the praise for both my physical and my spiritual transformation in the last 4 months. 
Well, here are the dreaded pictures.  I hope you guys realize how hard this is to post these things every couple of months.  I still shudder when I have to look at them.  They are my beginning photos followed by my pictures taken this morning.



3 comments:

  1. Wow! So proud of you and all you have accomplished. You are look awesome. I am amazed

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary, that is amazing!! you are so much smaller! wow.

    ReplyDelete
  3. there IS a difference, and you look amazing my dear. Remember that weight comes off the places we don't want it to first it seems, the places where we notice the most seem to be last. Keep your eyes on the goal!

    ReplyDelete