Tuesday, March 27, 2012

My Child

I have been struggling to get a grasp on the love that God has for me.  To be honest, I have not been able to see God as a good God.  I have been focused on the God that puts us through trails and teaches us lessons.  Always disciplining.  Now, I know he disciplines because he loves us.  But, to see God as one who loves us and wants to bless us, that has been hard for me.
Today, I was reminded I am a child of God.  That I am a heir.  The Spirit himself testifies without spirit that we are God's children.  Now if we are children, then we are heirs-heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory.  Romans 8:17
I have been thinking about this verse all morning.  That I am a child of God.  He loves me more than I can even comprehend.  Then while I was on the treadmill, I was listening to this song by Mandissa.
What an amazing song.  It reminded me just how much God loves me.  How big a gift grace is.
Then, for some reason, I was reminded of a conversation that Bryan and I had when I was pregnant with Eleanor.  I told him if anything were to happen and the doctors could only save one of us, to save the baby.  No matter how hard it would be for him, that my love for that child was so great, that I would give my life to save him/her.  It was a heart wrenching conversation, but one that showed how great a parent's love is for a child.  Today, I was reminded that this is just a human love.  How much greater then, is God's love for me?  Look at what he sacrifced for an undeserving sinner like me. 
What a wonderful reminder of what that cross is all about.  Undescribable love that God has for me, yes me!

No comments:

Post a Comment