Friday, May 20, 2011

Biggest Loser Reject

I few months ago Mother and I applied to be on The Biggest Loser.  At the time, I was crushed that we weren't selected.  I mean, come on God, I am trying to lose this weight!  Why won't you honor that attempt and grant me the desires of my heart.  This was what I thought of as my last chance.  My last attempt at losing the weight.  I mean, if Bob Harper couldn't get the weight off of me, then no one could!  So came the question of "Why?". 
Here was my answer that the Lord gave me.  "Whether therefore ye eat, or drink, or whatsoever ye do, do all to the glory of God. 1 Corinthians 10:31
You see, The Biggest Loser is a great program, but if I would have lost my weight on that show, Bob Harper, NBC, or even myself would have been given the glory and praise for the accomplishment!  God is a jealous God, he will not share his glory!  It must all go to the one who created us!
God has brought me to a place that He will receive the glory.  Through my journey, his greatness will be known.  For it isn't me that has the strength and the will-power to do this.  It is God that is providing me the way!
So in Biggest Loser fashion, here are my before pictures.  I will allow time for *GASPS* before I continue!

I weighed in on my surgery day @ 304 pounds.  Yes, that is correct and is not a typo.  I weighed three hundred pounds.  As horrified as I am to admit it, I am given peace in the thought that I will never return there.  "Forget the former things, do not dwell on the past.  See, I am doing a new thing! ... I am making a way in the desert and streams in the wastland" Isaiah 43:18-19
It is a new day and PRAISE THE LORD I am down 11 lbs.  To God be all the glory! 

6 comments:

  1. I am praying for you Mary. I think you are very brave,and I admire the humility it took for you to share this. I know God will use you to encourage and inspire others. I love you! April

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so proud of you, Mary! I will pray for you throughout this journey. A blog is a great idea. Love you! Holly

    ReplyDelete
  3. I will continue to pray for you during this journey and will travel with you. I'm so proud of you & I know that God will give you the strength to succeed. I LOVE YOU!! Angie

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU ARE SO FRIKIN AWESOME! I AM HERE TO SUPPORT YOU THE WHOLE WAY THROUH AND YOUR BLOG WILL HELP WITH MY JOURNEY AS WELL. LOVE YOU, BROOKE

    ReplyDelete
  5. so proud of you, mary! i love that you are doing this blog!! will be following you and praying for your journey!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so proud of you I can hardly sit in my chair... your courage is overwhelming, but more importantly, your open journey with the Lord is so apparent. Your 'Life Message' is teaching so many of us and drawing us to Jesus, and to THINK again. I love you so much... Suz

    ReplyDelete