Thursday, May 26, 2011

Built Upon the Rock

This morning I got on the scale and had actually gained a pound.  I have now entered into what everyone who has had a Vertical Sleeve calls "a stall".  Usually it doesn't happen until week 3, but I guess my body likes to be an overachiever!  Knowing what it is helps me accept it a little better.  Worrying about how long it will last is a whole other story.  Stalls can last anywhere from a couple of days to 3 weeks!  Kind of makes it hard to stomach the pudding and face the fatigue when you are not getting tangible results. 
So today, I need to focus on what we talked about yesterday some more.  Bare with me!
Therefore everyone who hears these words of mine and puts them into practice is like a wise man who built his house on the rock.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house; yet it did not fall, because it had its foundation on the rock.  But everyone who hears these words of mine and does not put them into practice is like a foolish man who built his house on the sand.  The rain came down, the streams rose, and the winds blew and beat against that house, and it fell with a great crash.  Matthew 4:24-27
I know that Jesus was speaking about living our life in accordance to what he has taught us.  But, isn't our weight loss journey part of that life?  Doesn't he care about every aspect of our lives?  Yes, he does.  So today, I am looking at these verses as if they are talking about my journey. 
Why have my attempts at losing weight and getting healthy failed before?  They were built upon the sand.  They couldn't stand up against the storms of life because the cornerstone of the house was not Jesus Christ. 
Why will this attempt work?  Because it is built upon the rock.  That rock is Jesus Christ.  I will be able to weather the storms that come along during this journey.  I will NOT give up hope.  I will NOT throw my hands up in defeat.  I WILL continue to do everything I can to glorify God through this.  And that includes trusting in the process that my body is going through right now.  Trusting that the weight loss will begin again.  Accepting that I have no control over it(agghhh...such a hard one for me!).
Will it be easy?  HECK NO!  I will fight the mental fight all day, but I will fight it with scripture and prayer.  I will rinse and repeat each day that the scale doesn't budge.  I will cling to the Rock.  All the while, doing what I know I am supposed to be doing, never faultering in my commitment. 
So, away I go.  Ready to battle the mental fight with Satan today.  Not looking forward to it, but ready. 

No comments:

Post a Comment