Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Why Me?

Why did you create me this way?  Why do I have to struggle with weight when others don't?  I have asked the Lord these questions too many times to count.  I have never understood how or why God would do this too me. 
Well, I just got a big ol' slap on the hand by Paul this morning.  But who are you, O Man, to talk back to God? Shall what is formed say to him who formed it, "Why did you make me like this?"  Does not the potter have the right to make out of the same lump of clay some pottery for noble purposes and some for common use?  Romans 9:20-21
It is not my right to question God on why he made me this way.  It is my choice to except it and not to COVET those who don't have to deal with this problem.  Yikes, I know....not another one of those Ten Commandments being broken!  That is two for me now!  And I thought I had it all under control!
God has his reasons for making me the way I am.  I have to stop blaming my metabolism(which was tested and was on the high end of normal!  Who would have believed it!!!).  I have to stop blaming genetics.  Why?  God designed them both.  It is what he wanted me to have. 
Makes no sense to me, but most of the time God doesn't make sense in the present moment!  So, I will try to thank the Lord for my body from now on.  I will try to see that the struggles I am given are meant to draw me closer to God.  In that aspect, maybe having weight issues is a blessing! 
God gave me these flaws.  May I be found worthy enough to serve him despite them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment