Monday, May 23, 2011

Spiritual Body Building

Satan has shown up for the fight.  I don't think I realized when I started all of this that I was going to have to fight my way through it.  Maybe I should have been going to Body Pump a little more!   Well, Satan has been showing up a lot more in my life lately.  Guess that is what happens when he realizes he doesn't have a strong-hold on you anymore.  He gets mad and he fights dirty!
Here is the perfect example.  We went to the grocery yesterday so that I could pick out my yogurt and pudding that I will be eating on my new phase of my diet.  It was a nightmare!  I started having dialogue with myself that went something like this.  "This just isn't fair.  All these people getting to eat food and I have to eat stinkin' jello and Popsicles.  I just don't know if I can do it for another day.  I can't handle it.  What would be so wrong with moving into my next phase of my diet one day early?  I deserve it.  I mean, I have been living on Popsicles and jello for over a week now."  Over and over in my brain these thoughts went on.  And I started to get ANGRY. 
I decided to let Bryan in on my idea of jumping ahead on my diet.  Well the rational husband he is, told me that I shouldn't do that.  That is when I blew up.  I started yelling and crying my woe is my stuff.  I even told him, "I am angry at you because you get to eat!!!"( I know, way to be an adult, Mary)  Now, my husband is a patient saint when it comes to things like this.  He just sat there and let me beat him up for no reason at all, because he knew this wasn't really about him in the first place.
Then in the middle of it all, a voice within said, "you need to pray".  Oh yeah, totally forgot about that.  I probably should shut up and ask the Lord for some help.
If I would have had enough sense, I would have realized that the little banter inside my head that started in the grocery was actually Satan.  He was trying to make me compromise my commitment. 
If I would have just started praying for strength when it started, I could have prevented a big mess from happening later on.
We have got to learn Satan's tricks.  He likes to get in our heads and make us feel entitled or deprived.  It is the one way he knows will get us to turn our backs on the commitment we made to God(hello...anyone remember Eve!!).  At the point that this starts happening, we have to stop, drop, and pray for strength!!  Because, when we are weak he is strong(sing Jesus Loves Me it is in there!).  Claim this verse.  My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.  Psalm 73:26
I am here to tell you it works.  As soon as I prayed that God would give me strength to make it through one more day of jello, my attitude changed and my burden didn't seem so heavy.  Thank you, Jesus!
I need to do some spiritual body building.  I need to learn to draw my strength from the Lord in all circumstances and stop listening to the lies of Satan.  My prayer for us all is that God will give us the wisdom to recognize Satan's lies and the strength to overcome them.  Get ready, Satan is MAD at you and he is about to start his battle to win you back!  Stay strong and win this battle!!  Our God is worth it!

Weekly Weigh in: 
Starting Weight:304 lbs
This week: 289
I am down 15 lbs!  PRAISE YOU, JESUS!  GLORY TO YOU IN ALL THINGS!

3 comments:

  1. Proud of you, Mary! The BATTLE is painful...it doesn't matter which avenue is taken to accomplish it...it's PAINFUL!!!! Your openness to sharing what so many of us have/are going through is going to be used to touch lives! It already has! Keep fighting the fight! 15 POUNDS in ONE WEEK!!!!! WOWZERS!!!!! It's painful, but it's bringing results! PTL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Be sober, be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walks about, seeking whom he may devour. Resist him, standing firm in faith." I Peter 5:8-9 ... Hang in there, Mary!

    ReplyDelete
  3. you can do it, mary!! i know this seems so obvious, as it is everyone's "life verse" lol, but it really is so fitting here..."i can do all things THROUGH CHRIST, who gives me strength!" phil. 4:13 :) i love that you are posting about your journey on this blog. reminds me to pray for you. love you, friend! and, 15 lbs?!?! that is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete