Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Blah, Blah, Blah

Today is a Blah day for me.  You know those days that you just want to lounge around in comfy clothes and watch really bad daytime tv.  In the past, Blah days consisted of lots of food.  A day of aimlessly walking into the kitchen and grazing my way through the cabinets.  A bowl of cereal, then a spoonful of peanut butter straight from the jar.  A little later on, some Cheezits followed by a handful of M&Ms.  Not because I was hungry but because eating felt good.
Well, I can't do that today.  Today, my blah day has to change the way it looks.  I was reminded in church on Sunday, that we don't quit habits, we simply replace them with other habits.  So, what will my new habit be?  I would love to say that I am going to curl up with my bible and listen to praise music all day.  It sounds like the "right" answer to say.  But, I am just not there yet in my newly found walk with my Lord.  I know that as a draw nearer to him, then days like that will come.  But today, I think I will just sleep or maybe read a book.
I found this verse this morning.  I think I will cling to it today.  In the morning, O Lord, your hear my voice; in the morning I lay my requests before you and wait in expectation.  Psalm 5:3
I don't have any overwhelming insight today.  But, I know that my Lord is with me even through my blah days.  Even through the days that I don't feel like making the effort, he will be there. I will call upon him for strength today and I will rest in the knowledge of the love that was given to me.  He has heard my prayers this morning and I wait in expectation for what I will experience today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment