Sunday, May 29, 2011

Friends are Friends Forever

Do you remember the song by Michael W. Smith, "Friends are Friends Forever"?  Today I want to talk about friends.  Now, I don't agree with M.W.S. on this one.  I believe there is an ebb and flow in all friendships and some even come to an end.  But, I do believe that friends are placed in our lives for certain reasons and for certain seasons.  I have had friends that have helped me through single life, engaged life, and even pregnancy.  Are they all still my friends?  Most of them are, but maybe not to the extent as they were during those times of my life.  Is this a bad thing?  I don't think so.  I still love them and care about them as much as before.  But, I have also had friends that I have had to say good-bye to because the relationships were toxic to me.  I guess the point I am try to make is, that God is going to place people in my life that are going to help me through the situation that today presents.  Satan, on the other hand is going to try to place poisonous relationships in my path, to keep me heading down the wrong path.  It is up to me to make the decision of what friendships are beneficial and which are not!
I have really started to realize the many blessings that I have in the "good friend" category.  Luckily, I haven't had to end any relationships because of my addiction(yet).  Will I in the future?  Who knows!  I sure hope not.  But, I have to be willing to do just this, if someone comes along and is not supportive of my journey and my convictions.
Today, I just want to say a giant thank you to all of you that have prayed for me, sent encouraging words and scriptures to me, and have just been around to cheer me up in the last two weeks.  Do you realize how much God has used you in my life?  Do you realize how these simple things are the things that have gotten me through two of the hardest weeks of my life?  I pray that God will unfold his blessings on each and every one of you! 
But, I also urge you to keep lifting me up!  The fight is far from over.  In turn, I am also lifting each of you up daily.  You see, I know that each journey is difficult.  I want you to know, that I am going to be your biggest cheerleader! 
Two are better than one, because they have a good return for their work: If one falls down, his friend can help him up.  But pity the man who falls and has no one to help him up!...Though one may be overpowered, two can defend themselves.  A cord of three strands is not quickly broken.  Ecclesiastes 4:9-10, 12
Friends, we HAVE to have each others back in this battle.  We can't do this on our own.  Don't be scared to share with people what you are going through!  How else do you think God is going to minister to you?  Let God bless you with supportive friendships, so in turn, you can bless others the same way. 
I will leave you with a quote to dwell on:
I get by with a little help from my friends. -The Beatles
We can't do it on our own!

No comments:

Post a Comment