Sunday, May 22, 2011

Victory by Victory

For those of you that have been to my house, you may have noticed the saying on my wall that says Live Day by Day.  This has been a mantra in my life since college.  It has helped me to remember that we can't worry about the past or tomorrow.  That all we can do is do our best with today.  I don't always do this too well.  I tend to relive the past a million times in my mind.  Past conversations and events that most people don't even remember happened. 
As I have been on this journey I have realized that Day by Day isn't good enough when it comes to this struggle I have with food.  It is more appropriate it say moment by moment or choice by choice!  You see, I can't commit to be strong all day, but I can commit to be strong through my next choice.  I know that if I am faced with a choice that I can cry out to God in that moment and he can help me to make the right decision!! I have this verse on my fridge to remind me that God is in that moment of temptation and he will get me out of it if I listen and obey.  No temptation has seized you except what is common to man.  And God is faithful; he will NOT let you be tempted beyond what you can bear.  But when you are tempted, he will also provide a way out so that you can stand up under it.                 1 Corinthians 10:13
In Made to Crave Lysa talks about walking from victory to victory.  You see, if you can just focus on where you are and the decision at hand it makes it easier.  Count your victories during the day.  One victory won in the morning will lead you to another victory in the afternoon.  Who knows, by the time nighttime comes you may have had a VICTORIOUS day! 
But what if you stumbled?  What if we make a wrong choice?  Well, my friend, we just have to pick ourselves up and strive to have a victory over the next choice.  You see, if a runner stumbles and falls during a marathon, they do not go back to the starting line.  They stand up and finish the race from where they fell.  No more of this "Oh well, I ate a cookie, I might as well have french fries for supper" kind of attitude.  Decision by decision, moment by moment, WE WILL TRUST IN THE LORD to help us make it and will rejoice and give glory to God for our VICTORIES!!

No comments:

Post a Comment