Monday, August 15, 2011

Fear the Lord

Well, you see this phrase "fear the Lord" over and over in the bible.  But what does that really mean.  Should I be trembling in my boots?  Should I hide under the covers when I pray?
For example, Psalm 103 says that those who fear the Lord, he will show them compassion and abounding love.  Okay, I want that.  What do I do?
I came across a great description in the book Going Public by David and Kelli Pritchard(a GREAT book about how your child can thrive in a public school and be raised in a christian family).  They said that to fear the Lord, you need to ask yourself these questions.  "What does God think about this?"  "What is his take on this matter?"  Then, we need to proceed with the truth that is given to us from his word. 
I have been trying this out for a couple of days.  With big and small decisions.  And man, let me tell you, it is rocking my world. 
To fear the Lord is to put him first and to do what he would want us to do in EVERY situation.
This insight has been big for me.  Life changing, you might say.

1 comment:

  1. so glad you are enjoying that book! yay! :) i need to get going on it.

    ReplyDelete