Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Rejoicing

This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it.  Psalms 118:24

I woke up with this scripture in my head this morning.  It was the first thought that I had upon waking.  The second thought was that my only child is starting Kindergarten.  At first, the two thoughts were in conflict with each other.  How can I be rejoicing when my little girl is taking a huge step of independence this morning. 
Then, as I lay there thinking, I had to shift my mind.  It is a great day to be rejoicing.  I have had 5 years with Eleanor to train and equip her to be independent enough to go into the big world.  My job isn't through, but it is changing.   
As I entrusted my child into her teacher's hands this morning, I had to stop myself from worrying.  I may not be in control of my child's world anymore, but there is one that is in control of the universe.  Eleanor is in God's hands(where she has always been).  He will watch over her and keep her safe.  I am trusting in my Savior that he has everything under control.  He made this day full of changes.  It is a good day and I will rejoice in the knowledge that everything is going according to his plan.

1 comment:

  1. Mary, I know this is a happy and sad day all at the same time. I'm praying for you today! That sweet girl will be fine! Love, Holly

    ReplyDelete