Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Under the Covers

Today was one of those mornings that all didn't seem well even before I got out of bed.  Ever had those days?  When you can just tell it is going to be "one of those days" that Satan is going to be nipping at your feet all day.  Just hoping that you will stumble.  Hoping that today will be the day that he can cause you defeat. 
I had awoken from a disturbing dream about Eleanor going to Kindergarten.  Last night we had a discussion with Eleanor about how the teacher wouldn't be able to pray a blessing with her at school this year, but that she would have to pray over her food by herself.  It disturbed her to no end and in turn has caused me much anxiety about sending her to public school(keep in mind that it has been prayed over and I am sure that this is where God wants her).  So, that anxiety turned into a restless night of dreaming and envisioning all the bad things that could happen to Eleanor is a world that I can no longer protect and control every factor of her life. 
As I was still waking up, an overwhelming urge to go into the kitchen and eat whatever I desired began to swirl around in my brain.  How good would a waffle with peanut butter and syrup be this morning.  Oh, or how about that cinnamon raisin bread slathered with peanut butter! (Yes, I have an obsession with peanut butter!) 
Ugh, maybe I should just cover my head and stay in bed this morning.  Then as I lay there warm and content, my thoughts turned to someone that has wronged me.  I felt bitterness trying to take root!  SHOO! AWAY FROM ME SATAN!
In the matter of minutes, Satan had already tried to get a hold of my day.  I knew that today was going to be one that I was going to have to fight for.  Today a choice will have to be made again and again to give things to the Lord.
That is why today, my quiet time was even more important than normal.  Thank the Lord, for this nugget!
But the Lord is faithful, and he will strengthen and protect you from the evil one.  2 Thessalonians 3:3
The Lord will bring me through this day victorious over the evil one.  But, I must draw my strength from the Lord and his promises.  I won't be able to do it on my own.  By myself it is impossible, but with Christ, it is possible! 

No comments:

Post a Comment