Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Accountability

You my brothers, were called to be free.  But do not use your freedom to indulge in the sinful nature, rather serve one another in love.  The entire law is summed up in a single command, "Love your neighbor as yourself."  Galatians 5:13-14

God is using a lot of things to help me along my journey.  One of them is accountability to two wonderful friends that are meeting with me each week.  Through them, I have received love, support, and accountability.  It is such a wonderful thing to know that these ladies are here for me throughout the week to lift me up in prayer and support me. It is amazing to see how God is transforming our lives each week.  We all struggle with food addiction, but God is leading us each down an individual path.
The two parts of the verses above didn't seem to connect to me at first.  Don't indulge in your sinful nature and love your neighbor as yourself.  But, as I reflected on it, I saw my circumstances in it.  Here I am trying not to indulge in my sinful nature and God has provided me with two friends that love me like they love themselves.  They are helping me in this journey.
I just want to thank Amanda and Amanda for taking time out of your lives to walk through this journey with me.  God is using you greatly in my life!  So glad we are becoming Jesus Girls together! 

No comments:

Post a Comment