Thursday, July 14, 2011

Freedom brings Joy

Today I am filled with overwhelming joy.  It is a joy and a freedom that I have never felt.  I am feeling freedom from my addiction.  Now, that does not mean that my addiction will ever go away.  I will always be a food addict and will have to be vigilant to keep it at bay.  But, today, I know that the Lord has rescued me from my addiction.  I am no longer drawn to the food for comfort and peace.  I am drawn to my Lord for these things.  I am craving God and not food.
I am reluctant to even claim it, scared that tomorrow I may fail.  But, I am claiming the grace of God in that matter and I know that when I do fail, he will be there to pick me back up.  He will give me the strength to keep going.
So, today, I am shouting from the rooftops!  Today, I want to give all the praise and glory to my Lord that has brought me through to the other side!  I will be happy and rejoice in the freedom that has been given to me.  That freedom that he had promised me.  The Lord is faithful.
I love this verse!  Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  Psalm 126:5
Oh, that is what has happened with me, my friends.  I have traveled for these last 2 months with many, many tears and the Lord has brought me joy!!  Are you still in the trenches?  Are you still sowing in tears?  Take courage, my friend, for joy is on its way!

1 comment:

  1. YAHOOO!!!! Claim it! Even if it only for one day, you will remember this feeling, will remember the One who led you here...and you will CRAVE that feeling again and again until one day you think back and realize it's been MONTHS! One day at a time. One moment at a time...one choice at a time.

    ReplyDelete