Friday, July 1, 2011

A Special Visitor

What if Jesus were coming to your house for a visit?  What would you do to prepare for him?  I know that I would clean my house like it has never been cleaned before.  The baseboards would be scrubbed and the windows would be cleaned.  I would go to great lengths to make sure that everything was perfect.  I would want him to know that I was being a good steward with what he had blessed me with. 
Don't you know that you yourselves are God's temple and that God's spirit lives in you?  If anyone destroys God's temple, God will destroy him; for God's temple is sacred, and you are that temple.  1 Corinthians 3:16
Not only is God coming for a visit, he is coming to live with you.  To dwell with you.  This verse scares me.  Do not overlook the wrath of God.  He isn't always the loving Father that is going to wrap us up in his arms and love us.  Sometimes, he is the Father that must discipline and cause us pain. 
My body IS GOD'S DWELLING PLACE.  I must treat this body like the temple it is.  I need to make sure no trash is placed in the place that my God is living.  I need to make sure that this temple is physically fit and acceptable to the most high God.
This isn't something that we can just push away and say "but God loves me just the way I am".  He does, but that is NO EXCUSE!!  HE IS OUR MASTER AND OUR SAVIOR!  In what way will we honor him with the temple he has given us?  Will we continue to consume junk and be lazy or will we change our ways.
I am not on this journey for myself.  I am on this journey to worship my Lord by getting my temple in order.  I wouldn't wish for Buddha to even enter my temple the way it is and I have no regard for him.  I wouldn't even want my worst enemy to step foot inside. 
But, the sad truth is this is what I have given my Lord.  This is where he dwells and it breaks my heart that I have let it go on for so long.  It is this realization that has brought me to the point of no return.  I will not let my temple fall to ruins.  I am going about the business of cleaning it up and repairing the damage.
Oh, how I pray that you will see the ugly truth of what we are doing.  The ugly truth of the filth that we are offering to our Lord.  The despicable way that we treat our guest.  Does it break your heart like it does mine?  This is not a matter of what size we fit into or how much a scales says we weigh.  This is a matter of honoring our Lord.  May the Lord, one day, feel like the honored guest he his in this temple of mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment