Tuesday, July 19, 2011

My Thorn

Today I am just so excited about what God has shown me.  It is one of those days that God is just bringing it all together for me.  I came across some verses this morning that I was shouting "Amen" to(Well, shouting in my head.  No need to wake the house up!).  Then, as I started my Made to Crave bible study, the same scriptures were talked about.  Totally cool, huh?  Want to know what the scripture was?  I know you do!
To keep me from becoming conceited because of these surpassingly great revelations, there was given me a thorn in my flesh, a messenger of Satan, to torment me.  Three times I pleaded with the Lord to take it away from me.  But he said to me "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore, I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.  That is why, for Christ's sake I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties.  For when I am weak, then I am strong.  2 Corinthians 12:7-10
Oh, I love it!  I am right their with you, Paul!  How many times have I prayed that the Lord would take away my "thorn" of food addiction!  I have prayed not understanding why God would allow me to have to struggle with this.  But now I get it! 
What if this battle with food isn't the curse we've always thought it to be?  What if it's actually the very thing, if brought under control, that can lead us to a better understanding of God? -Lysa TerKerust (Made to Crave)
Praise the Lord!  Hallelujah!  I was given this struggle so that I would be weak.  Through that weakness, if I rely on the Lord, I will be make strong and be able to bring it under control.  Through that process, I am drawn so close to God that my relationship with him is deep and strong!  Do you see it?  I have this addiction, so that in turn I can have a relationship with my Savior!  Without these struggles, I wouldn't need him!  That is why Paul says that he DELIGHTS in weaknesses, insults, hardships, persecution, and difficulties!  Our circumstances will all be different.  We will have different weaknesses and hardships, but God wants to use them to deepen our dependence on him!!  That is the purpose for them! 
Praise the Lord!  Thank you leading me through the valley, so that I may see the view from the mountain top!  God is good, all the time!  All the time, God is good!

No comments:

Post a Comment