Monday, July 25, 2011

Even Through the Bad Days

Yesterday was  a really bad day for me.  I was not feeling well and I was cranky because Bryan was leaving on business travel for the second week in a row.  Now, understand this, I am a whimp when Bryan is traveling.  It doesn't happen very often, but when it does, I pout.  I used to pride myself on being a strong independent woman before we were married.  I lived on my own for years and took care of myself.  Now, I have become this woman that needs my husband to help me through each day!  I guess that isn't a bad thing, it just amazes me sometimes.  I wonder where the old Mary went. 
It was one thing after another.  I was upset that church took up so much of my time with Bryan(I know it is horrible...I know you are thinking it.).  Eleanor was in a bad mood because she hadn't slept well the night before.  My endometriosis decided to rear its ugly head and I felt like I could do nothing but sit on a heating pad.  So, my attitude stunk!  Bryan and I fought.  Eleanor and I fought.  I was grumpy to say the least.
As I laid in bed last night, I had a long list of sins to ask for forgiveness.  I thought, "Man I really blew it today.  So much for this walk with God I have been on."  Then I was reminded this morning.
For it is by grace you have been saved, through faith-and this not from yourselves, it is a gift of God-not by works, so that no one can boast.  Ephesians 2:8
I just want to thank God for that grace today.  I am such a dirty creature.  A creature that wants nothing of God, even when I think that I do.  I fall on my face over and over again and God picks me up, dusts me off, and says "That is okay my child, keep going."  I am thankful for my misteps and my mistakes.  They are the things that bring me back to God's grace over and over again.  It is a constant reminder of the cross and the gift that was given to us.
To the praise of his glorious grace, which he has freely given us in the One he loves.  In him we have redemption through his blood, the forgiveness of sins, in accordance with the riches of God's grace.  Ephesians 1:6 & 7
May I always be reminded that it is NEVER anything I DO.  I can not be "good enough" to deserve this grace.  I can never walk a perfect enough life to deserve salvation.  I will always fall short and so will you.

No comments:

Post a Comment