Monday, July 11, 2011

Undeserved Grace

I am a perfectionist.  Does this come to a surprise to you?  It shouldn't!!  I hold myself to a very high standard and beat myself up when I fail my God, myself, or others.  Because of this, I am overwhelmed by the endless amounts of grace that God gives me. 
The Law of the Old Testament was given to us so that we can strive to be better Christians.  The grace of the New Testament was given to us for when we fail at the Law.  I am so glad that I am not dependent on whether or not I have done everything right in order to get into heaven!
And if by grace, then it is no longer by works; if it were grace would no longer be grace.  Romans 11:6
Praise the Lord at that!  I know that having knowledge of the bible and striving to uphold what it says has to be our daily goal.  But, I am shouting from the rooftops that WHEN I fail, it is grace that saves me every time.
Do you have that grace?  Here is how you receive it. 
If you confess with your mouth, "Jesus is Lord," and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved.  For it is with your heart that you believe and are justified, and it is with your mouth that you confess and are saved.  Romans 10:9-10
If you do have that grace, may today be a reminder what an amazing gift has been given to us.  We are going to fail.  We are going to make mistakes.  But, praise the Lord, we have grace!  It is my "job" as a Christian to strive to follow the Law.  But, it is God's "job" to supply me with infinite grace when I fall over and over again.  My heart overflows with gratitude for such an undeserving gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment