Tuesday, June 7, 2011

Encouraging Words Go A Long Way

I want to thank each and every one of you that prayed for me and offered encouraging words yesterday.  If it wasn't for those things, I would probably still be in bed this morning.  I would not want to move on past my disappointments.  I would be stuck in the negative thoughts that Satan planted in my head.  May you all be blessed for your faithfulness!  You did just as God tells us to do.
See to it brothers, that none of you has a sinful, unbelieving heart that turns away from the living God.  but encourage one another daily, as long as it is called today, so that none of you may be hardened by sin's deceitfulness.  Hebrews 3:12-13
We are not meant to sit back and watch others struggle without helping to encourage.  Do we scorn each other for the sin in our lives?  No, we ENCOURAGE each other to turn our hearts back to God. 
en·cour·age (n-kûrj, -kr-)
tr.v. en·cour·aged, en·cour·ag·ing, en·cour·ag·es
1. To inspire with hope, courage, or confidence; hearten.
2. To give support to; foster: .
3. To stimulate; spur:
 
It is interesting to me that encouragement is often taken as the first definition above.  That is the sweet side of encouragement.  But yesterday, it was the ones that encouraged by the third definition that really got me moving.  They empathized with where I was, but were not going to let me stay there. 
As Christians, we can't let our brothers and sisters wallow in their sin or in their complacency. 
Above all else, just do something.  A kind word, a friendly gesture, or a sincere prayer does a lot for the hurting soul.  It is the silence that wounds.  It is the silence that makes the doubter doubt even more.  We have to be there for each other. We are not fighting by ourselves, but with an army of believers. 
Thank you again for everyone that pulled me out of the pit yesterday.  Love you all!

1 comment:

  1. We love you Mary!! Lifting you up to the Father each day!!

    ReplyDelete