Thursday, June 9, 2011

Feelings

I have a major case of the "I don't feel like it".  I didn't feel like reading my bible this morning.  I didn't feel like having grits for the umpteenth day in a row for breakfast.  I don't feel like going to the grocery today.  I don't feel like taking care of Eleanor.  Have you ever had one of these days?
Well, I have come to realize that we just have to suck it up and do it anyway.  Oh, and we aren't supposed to do it just to do it.  We are supposed to do it with all our might in order to glorify the Lord.  BLAH!!!  I need a major attitude adjustment!
My nugget of truth was hard to find this morning.  Hebrews is so complicated and I don't even understand what the author is talking about half the time.  I know that all scripture is God-breathed, but I couldn't find relevance in it for me today.  So, I went searching for a scripture and found one on my fridge! 
So as to walk in a manner worthy of the Lord, fully pleasing to Him, bearing fruit in every good work and increasing in the knowledge of God.  Colossians 1:10
*SIGH*  I need to straighten up my attitude today.  The way I am acting is not pleasing to the Lord.  I have spent a lot of time in prayer asking that the Lord change my attitude.  Realized that it is up to me to do that.  And until it comes naturally, I need to make an effort to hide my true feelings about things!  No need to drag anyone else down!

2 comments:

  1. Mary, I am really enjoying your blog and appreciate your honesty! I will pray for you today to get over the "blah" feeling. Hang in there!

    Holly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean, the older i get I'm trusting less in my feelings and more in "doing" the tasks in obedience to the Lord!

    As Lysa says in her book, sometimes the best prayer is "Lord help me to want-to want to do these things you've told me to do"

    ReplyDelete