Wednesday, June 15, 2011

The Sweet Name of Jesus

This hymn was put in my heart this morning.  Oh, how sweet it is just to trust in Jesus.  Rest in his promises today, my friend. 

I will extol the Lord at all times; his praise will always be on my lips.  My soul will boast in the Lord; let the afflicted hear and rejoice.  Glorify the Lord with me; let us exalt his name together.  Psalm 34:1-3

Did you know that Louisa Stead wrote this hymn after her husband died while trying the save a drowning boy?  Even through such a horrible time in her life, she put her trust in Jesus.  May we not forget it when things are going well in our lives! 
 Thank you, Jesus for being my savior and my friend!  Through the good and the bad, you are with me!  May I learn to trust you more and more.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment