Thursday, June 30, 2011

The Gift of Peace

Peace I leave you: my peace I give you.  I do not give to you as the world gives.  Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.  John 14:27

275.  I have hit the number on the scale that I dread the most.  This is the number where I have plateaued more times than I can remember.  My body does not want to budge past 275.  It is hard to explain the fear and the dread that wants to settle in my heart.  I am scared the scale won't move past this number. 
Today, I am praying for peace that only Jesus can give.  Peace that my heart will be guarded(remember Prov. 4:23) against the fear that wants to enter.  I pray that the Lord will give me peace about the situation.  Peace that it will happen.  There is no need to worry, only do what I know is right and trust in Him. 
How about you?  Is there something in your life that brings up fear when you think about it?  Is there something looming in the future that you aren't sure you can handle?  Jesus will give you the gift of peace.  It is there waiting for you.  Just ask and then believe.  Guard your heart from that fear.(Above all else, guard your heart, for it is the wellspring of life.  Prov. 4:23)  When it starts to creep into the crevices of your heart, pray for peace.   
There is no reason for us to to be afraid.  The Lord has given us the perfect gift.  PEACE, sweet PEACE.  Rest in it today.

No comments:

Post a Comment