Saturday, June 4, 2011

Great is Thy Faithfulness

Do you ever have those mornings where you wake up and don't have a real sense that God is with you?  That is how I feel this morning.  I don't feel a strong stirring within me.  I don't even feel a great need to call out to him.  But, I know he is there and I know that I need him.  It is just so much harder to have a relationship and lean on God when life is just normal.  Wouldn't you agree?  I life lived for Jesus is so much easier in the hard times.
I am coming out of the hard part of the surgery.  I am starting to see the light of day.  Life is getting easier for me.  I am starting to find my new normal.  So, each day as I sit down with my bible, I feel less and less urgency to seek God.   But, I am glad to know that he is still there and he is still able to speak to me and show me his love and compassion. 
I am reading Lamentations and it is an account of the devastation of Jerusalem.  Jeremiah is crying out to the Lord because of the suffering that is occurring.  In the midst of it, he finds God.  Because of the Lord's great love we are not consumed, for his compassions never fail.  They are new every morning; great is your faithfulness.  I say to myself, "The Lord is my portion; therefore I will wait for him."  The Lord is good to those whose hope is in him, to the one who seeks him; it is good to wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord."  Lamentations 3:22-26
 
I am reminded that the Lord in the storm is still the Lord in the calm.  The same Lord that helped me through the last couple of weeks, is the one that wants to walk through the calm with me.  I must count on his faithfulness every moment.  For it is when we think we need him the least that we actually need him the most. 

Above is the hymn "Great is They Faithfulness" sung by Chris Rice.  Such truth in the words.  May they bring you encouragement today as we walk with our Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment