Friday, June 10, 2011

Repeat

Have you ever read the bible and felt like it was on repeat?  The same topic is being brought up over and over again no matter what book of the bible you are in.  It is happening to me.  I can honestly say that God is really trying to show me just how important this topic is.  It has been repeated on this blog many times as well.  See if you can guess what it is.
Let us hold unswervingly to the hope we profess, for he who promised is faithful.  And let us consider how we may spur one another on toward love and good deeds.  Let us not give up meeting together, as some are in the habit of doing, but let us encourage one another-and all the more as you see the Day approaching.  Hebrews 10:23-25
Did you guess encouragement of others?   I have learned that I have to get out of my self-centered little bubble and look around.  When I have, two things have happened.  First, I realize just how many people around me are hurting emotionally, sick, or just going through a rough patch in life.  Secondly, when I act to encourage these people, I forget about my troubles. 
God isn't playing around with this concept.  I think he means business when he talks about it.  So, I have been asking God to open my eyes and heart to those around me.  Let me see it on their faces or in their actions if they need encouragement.   I want to be open to others.  I have to take the blinders off my eyes and stop focusing inward. 
On the other hand, I think that we have gotten really good as Christians at playing like there is nothing wrong.  Telling everyone that everything is fine.  Not wanting anyone to know that we are struggling.  Well, my friends, how can you expect God to minister to you through others if you don't let others know that you are need.  I have learned through this blog that it helps so much to put it out there and let people know what you are dealing with.  And to think, that I entered into this process with the plan to only tell a few people.  I didn't want anyone to know what I was doing.  Oh, the blessings I would have missed along the way!!!!
I will leave you today with the quote that we say to Eleanor at least once a day(Since she is an only child, we seem to have to remind her quite often!).  It is not all about you.  It is about other people too!

No comments:

Post a Comment